Current Roleholder: Nicola Smith
- Advise and support the club officers and committee members to implement welfare policies and procedures, and to support the club to adhere to codes of conduct and good practice.
- Ensure that all club coaches, officials and volunteers have completed a volunteer recruitment process, which includes volunteer reference forms & DBS checks where required. Assist in ensuring that this process is completed in a timely manner.
- Complete a yearly club audit of all volunteers, which should include training needs, awareness and understanding of polices.
- Ensure there is a process in place within the club for auditing DBS checks and UKA Licences of all relevant coaches, officials and volunteers to ensure they are regularly updated (every three years).
- Respond to suspected breaches of the welfare policies and procedures that may be referred to them, in accordance with the club’s welfare procedures. Advise and support other club officers or committee members on how to respond appropriately in accordance with the procedures.
- Report any concerns about abuse to the UKA Lead Safeguarding Officer in the first instance.
- To inform the Management Committee in advance of any meetings that cannot be attended.