Due to the change in government guidance, this Thursday’s runs have been unfortunately cancelled. We’ll post updates on here as things change, but if you’d like to register your interest for running when we resume please e-mail us.
QRC have secured a 10 week training block at the Springhall Running Track at the Shay Stadium, Halifax.
Sessions will start on Monday 4th January 2021 at18.30 and finish at 19.30.
These sessions will be open to all QRC Members regardless of speed. Entry is free to members, or £2 to non-members.
A training schedule will be set for each evening which will be designed to increase your speed and endurance.
A running rack is important for all runners and distances as muscle fibres are strengthened, which are subsequently utilised for stability, endurance and speed at different points in a run, therefore should be beneficial for all.
For more information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Queensbury Virtual 5K relay is run over 7 days with 7 members in each team. Each member will run on a separate day, meaning by the end of the week you will completed your relay of seven 5k runs.
The relay will start and finish is at Queensbury ARLFC (Albert Road, Queensbury). When you register you will asked for your recent 5k pace so we can put you in the appropriate team, so that all teams are equal.
You can run any time on your allocated day. Please register your run on Strava so that we can total the run times for each team to find the winning team.
There is NO COST and NO TROPHY, but there will be an online certificate for the winning team to print!
The relay will begin on Sunday 10th January 2021.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
This position has recently become vacant following the resignation of Mr Stephen Brook.
We thank Steve on behalf of everyone for his past commitment to the Committee as well as being an active Run Leader, and I am sure that Steve will continue to support the club whenever and wherever he can going forward, especially with the many races that he completes.
The role of Chairperson is to lead the Committee and ensure that the responsibilities of each particular Committee member are met.
This is an exciting period and turning point for our club, and one where the Chairperson will play a strategic role in representing the vision and purpose of Queensbury RC, facilitating change where necessary.
Could you be the one that makes all the difference?
Please consider putting yourself forward to assist the Committee and Running club to continue to prosper. This role would be on a temporary basis as all roles are up for re-election at the Annual General Meeting.
To express your interest please e-mail us
The next AGM will take place on the evening of Thursday 18th March 2021. Please put this in your diary, and we’ll confirm nearer the date the time and location depending on current Government guidance
The AGM will be your opportunity to speak to the team, stand for committee positions and much more!
QRC Race Committee would like to present the first of a series of virtual runs to raise money for charity.
You can run either a 5k or a 10k this December as part of the QRC Christmas Cracker, and all entrants will receive a special medal. (Ooooh!)
All profits will be donated to the Trussell Trust (charity number – England & Wales (1110522) and Scotland (SC044246).
To take part in the QRC Christmas Cracker, you must:
- Be a current member of QRC or a recent active runner on our Thursday night runs
- Run a 5k or 10k during the month of December
- Send proof of your run, on Strava or similar, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 8th January
You need to sign up for the 5k or 10k before 5pm on Monday 30th November.
To take part please visit our Eventbrite page. Entries will open on Saturday 21st November at 12noon.
All those eligible to run will have been sent the password either by e-mail, WhatsApp or in the members group, but if you’ve received it please e-mail email@example.com.
Medals will be delivered following the Friday 8th January cut off.
About the Trussell Trust
The Trussell Trust support a nationwide network of food banks and together we provide emergency food and support to people locked in poverty, and campaign for change to end the need for food banks in the UK. https://www.trusselltrust.org
From Nicola, our welfare officer:
As expected, England Athletics confirmed that there was no exemption for club running to the lockdown rules. We now cannot meet as a club until the current rules are lifted on the 2nd December. We will keep you informed as the guidelines change. Remember that we are only allowed to meet for exercise with one other person during this second lockdown.
Stay safe everyone and see you in December .
The Yorkshire Veterans’ Athletics Association are offering members of clubs affiliated to YVAA a chance to take part in an age-graded virtual 5k and 10k competition taking place in October, November to December.
If successful this will hopefully continue in 2021. The “event” is free to enter and there will be no prizes, just the satisfaction of running against your peers and your own times, plus having a reason for putting in a couple of race pace runs each month.
Get those shoes ready, dig out that hi-vis and check the batteries in your running watch – it’s time to sign up for one of our Thursday runs!
We have a range of groups for all paces, distances and abilities with a running leader supporting each of our groups, so there’s something for everyone whether you’re a regular runner or if you’ve never done it before.
We meet at various times and locations due to the current COVID guidance, and runs are free for members and for non-members the first week is also free, and just £2 afterwards (or you can also become a member!)
Find out more about our runs on offer and book your place at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/qrc-thursday-17th-september-tickets-121020669079
After three-and-a-half months we’re happy to announce that Thursday night runs are to resume, with some changes and restrictions due to the current guidance to running clubs.
Booking your place on our weekly runs
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines we require members wanting to run as part of our Thursday night groups to pre-register due to limited spaces. The process for booking on is explained below.
How to book on
- Please visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/queensburyrc-30187523760 and choose the Thursday run you’re wanting to take part in
- Please read the risk assessment linked from the description
- To book your place click the green ‘register’ button
- Pick the running group you would like to run with. In the description you’ll see the distance, meeting point and meeting time. The number that follows the ‘G’ is the average minutes/mile pace
- Please complete your details and answer the two questions
- You should then receive a confirmation e-mail on completion of the booking
- If you are unwell, injured or have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been in contact with someone with symptoms, do not take part.
- You must book onto a group before 3pm on the relevant Thursday. This gives us time to notify the run leaders of who will be in their group
- If you can no longer take part in a run you’re booking on, please cancel your ticket as soon as you can by following the Eventbrite refund process accessible in your e-mail, or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is due to the limited places we can currently offer
- Positions are available to members who paid from April 2019 onwards
- If you have any issues after 3pm please use what’s app to contact QRC who can pass on updates to the run leaders
- All runners taking part in QRC running groups must pre-register; run leaders will not be able to accommodate individuals turning up without booking on the night
This process is new to us so if you have any issues or feedback for improvement, please e-mail email@example.com