The provisional results for the Summer Off-Road Challenge are as follows:
- Jim Wheldon (Baildon) – 82 pts. (909.2 on countback, from all events)
- Rob Myers (Baildon) – 72 pts. (698.3)
- Michael Malyon (Baildon) – 71 pts. from 5 events (606.8)
Top Women Overall:
- Sarah Anderton (Baildon) – 69 pts. (649.0)
- Helen Love (Saltaire) – 64 pts. (543.7)
- Ann Lockwood (Baildon) – 60 pts. (496.8)
- Barry Markey – 27 pts. (165.0)
- Mick Hogan – 30 pts. (200.2)
- Julie Steele – 28 pts. (180.2)
- Ian Stow – 26 pts. (161.0)
- Gary Rowling – 54 pts. (439.0)
- Richard Brook – 52 pts. (421.9)
- Neil Windle – 52 pts. (417.2)
- Stacey Cleal – 51 pts. (413.2)
- Stuart Dunbar – 65 pts. (549.6)
- Helen Love – 64 pts. (543.7)
- Martin Fillingham – 48 pts. (384.9)
- Matt Richardson – 48 pts. (379.1)
In the final events in September there were some tremendous individual performances, with Andy Robinson winning the Yorkshireman Half in 1hr 48min 44sec, and Helen Love first over-60 woman, scoring 119.9% of the top three finishers in her category.
Emma Wilkins (Baildon) was third woman finisher in the Yorkshireman Marathon in 4hr 12min 7sec, with Jo Buckley first lady overall. Carl Heron (Queensbury) was first over-50 in 3hr 57min 58sec. Jim Wheldon’s second over-60 position in this race was, as a double-scoring joker, pushed him into the winning place in the series.
In the Kirkstall Trail Race Louise Nash (Saltaire) clearly won her age-category in 56min 5sec, while Julie Steele (Eccleshill) was a close second in her category. Saltaire’s Richard Bond was second over-40 and Claire Bond third female over-40.
Overall, 184 runners from Baildon, Bradford-Airedale, Eccleshill, Queensbury and Saltaire have taken part in the series. The following races drew over twenty of our members’ runners: Guiseley Gallop (37), first John Carr series race (54), Over the Odda (33), third John Carr (35), Apperley Bridge Canter (59), Wharfedale Half (22) and Kirkstall (26). The decision to promote more local events has proved attractive.